Sunday, November 29, 2009

Virtual Christmas Cards

Jacquie Lawson e-cards
I’m going a new direction with my Christmas Card giving this year. This is a VERY hard change for me, because I LOVE to write up a Christmas letter with pictures and mail to EVERYONE! But, even using recycled products for this project, isn’t really helping my carbon footprint reduction :-(

Therefore, I just signed up for a great online greeting card program that is done all via internet. The selection of virtual cards for Christmas, birthday’s, thank you, etc, is quite significant. Plus, they are animated and very unique. I had never heard of this company until I received a card via a LinkedIn associate this week. The website is located at www.jacquielawson.com.

I am still going to have to put together a letter of sorts and probably mail it out to those, who are not connected to the internet. But, that will be a very small number. I may still need to put out an online Christmas letter with my Virtual Christmas Card, but that will be relatively easy.

Besides the savings in paper, postage, time, etc., the bigger picture is that I’ll be creating less waste. That’s my newest gift to this beautiful planet.

What will you be able to give to Earth for Christmas this year?

Here's a winter card greeting to share with all of you: Winter Card

3 comments:

John at Cell Phone Recycling said...

I have to agree, nothing beats the Christmas card, but with your mission, I am sure that your family and friends will understand why you are sending them a virtual Christmas card. Whatever you give to your love ones as long as it is given from the bottom of your heart, I know it will still be appreciated.

Have a wonderful Christmas!

Shane Shirley said...

Okay so I can still send out my "cards" then? I just could not bring myself to pay for and send out all of those cards.

Anonymous said...

I'm the kind of hombre who enjoys to try unused stuff. Right now I am constructing my hold photovoltaic panels. I'm doing it all by myself without the assistance of my staff. I'm using the internet as the only path to acheive that. I saw a really amazing site which explains how to create pv panels and so on. The website explains all the steps involved in solar panel construction.

I am not sure about how accurate the information given there iz. If some guys over here who had xp with these works can have a see and give your feedback in the thread it would be great and I would extremely appreciate it, because I truly passion [URL=http://solar-panel-construction.com]solar panel construction[/URL].

Thanks for reading this. U guys rock.